Monday 2 May 2011

The Networked Professional (B)

From reading through the given reader and researching the various concepts, this has been the most difficult to grasp. However I have been able link these to my profession, working and cooperating with your colleages and pupils helps me to have a happy and professional workplace. It is easy when you have the passion to share your expertise with you rstudents to say 'YES' to anything your boss may throw your way.  You have to be careful that you don't start to be taken for granted and the cooperation is one sided.  I could go out of my way to make a lesson, where as the student or boss can very easily let your hard work pass by without any recognition.

Affiliation is important within teaching as I affliate myself within different groups to network myself and classes. I have formed many close relationships with colleages from the past who I keep in close conact with now, as thse people can lead you to future job opportunities.  Being a sociable person myself I completely agree with Crisp, J & Turners theory that  everyone has a tendency to affiliate weather it be at a weekly meeting or social networking such as facebook. An example of where I affiliate is at my monthly SEYDN hub meeting where I network with other working professionals sharing ideas and experiences, without this I wouldn't be able to improve my knowledge in the field of teaching as I find it useful going on others experiences and how they dealt with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment