Monday 2 May 2011

Inquiry

I am really enthusiastic when it comes to sharing my passion for performance.  I believe performance is such a major part of my career whether it be my performance as a teacher or a students performance when on stage.  I am currently in the middle of directing a show and I am working on the expressive performance for each character, when one of my students portrays great performance skills I get a buzz of excitement and I want them to share their talent.  Remembering this enthusiasm and passion has has helped me recover my ambition for teaching, this week I have mixed emotions and found myself feeling very negative about my career.  Being a dance teacher is a full time job especially working freelance aswell, you find yourself wearing my hats.  I came away from teaching on Wednesday evening feeling totally deflated.  After locking up a dark empty studio at nine o'clock at night I felt lonely, tired and un-motivated, I have shared my feelings with my boss and this was a weight off my shoulders as she confirmed with me that she has days like this and most people do and that I'm not alone.  I have overcome this feeling and have put it down to a 'bad day'. My experience with working in mainstream schools and teaching curriculum dance I have learnt that this is where I feel complete.  This feeling and experience pushed me into finding out how I could come a qualified teacher leading me to gaing a degree and hence completeing this course.  Without all these experiences I wouldn't be the person I am now and wouldn't know what I actually do and don't enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment