Wednesday 30 November 2011

Thoughts on my Inquiry

After talking through my thoughts for my inquiry with Alan, we came to the conclusion I was being too ambitious.  My thought on does experience in performing make you a better teacher was too broad and therefore I wouldn't have been able to come up with the correct evidence to back up my inquiry.

My thought now for a line of inquiry is; How do children learn to their full potential in Dance Education?

My aim in this inquiry is to develop my understanding of student learning and have an insight into the learning of dance in secondary schools.  I would like to come away from this course with knowledge I can put to use in future job applications and teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Emma,

    This is interesting I am looking also into Comparison of dance Education in Primary Schools and Professional dance classes. I am looking in from a different angle I am Principle of my Dance school and I am a teaching assistant in main stream state primary school. I am looking into the comparison between Educational Pe Dance lessons and Professional Dance classes and restrictions that may be in place.

    As you have similar interests I would really appreciate it if you would take a look and fill out my questionnaire on this? and I have also set up a Wikis sig and the link is there also to discuss this subject

    Look forward to discussing this with and finding out further about your inquiry

    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laura

    Sorry for delay in writing back, I have been abroad!
    I will have a look at your questionnaire and get back to you.

    Thanks for taking a look at my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete