Tuesday 29 November 2011

Ethics into Practice

To deepen my understanding of the meaning of Ethics I took a look at what Wikipedia described it as;

'Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality—that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice and crime, etc'

With the words 'right and wrong' standing out to me I started to think about my own ethics within my workplace. Below are points taken from my own Policy booklet which includes safeuarding and codes of conduct which I produced for schools I am offering a service to;
  • The teacher will recognise the responsibility for the care, welfare and safety of the pupils during the allocated time of the club.
  • Dance Busters believes that children have the right to be completely secure from both the fear and reality of abuse and we are committed to safeguarding all the children in our care from harm.
  •  Encourage children to respect each other and their achievements.
  • Unwanted behaviour is challenged and discussed with the child and if required reported to another teacher.
  • Each lesson a warm-up should take place at the beginning of the class.
Ethical values ultimately teach a child the difference between right and wrong and if they can follow disciplinary rules within school this will be embedded in them for their future.
I believe teachers following their code of conduct will be able to deal with situations that may arise in the class in a professional and appropriate manner therefore being a rolemodel to the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment