Wednesday 27 April 2011

WEB 2 IN MY PROFESSION

After fully understanding what web 2 actually is, I can now relate it in many ways to my career. I was firstly introduced to Facebook four years ago and became quickly hooked and intrigued in how I could interact with people from across the world.  Over time it has become a uselful tool in ways to communicate with dance agencies, companies and other dance artists, leading to performing and teaching experiences for myself.  Working as a dance teacher you need to always be on top of your game and a good way of doing this is noticing your competition.  I find a good way of doing this is watching how other companies use Web 2 to promote themselves and use these to improve my advertising techniques. Keeping up with modern choreography and new techniques can sometimes leave you feeling deflated as a dance practitioner and this is vital to keep your students focused, I find that using You Tube is a great way to watch others in the profession and take their ideas and make them your own, without this tool I would find myself hitting a wall many a time.  After only recently being introduced to blogging by starting this course I have realised what an amazing tool this is, being able to read and comment on others thoughts has helped me immensely, as I am able to grasp a full understanding of each module.

No comments:

Post a Comment