Friday 15 April 2011

Personal Profile

Even as a two year old I loved to engage in all aspects of the performing arts. Throughout my childhood I consistently achieved advanced certificates in Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Modern dance, providing me with the techniques necessary for a career in communication and performance. 
In 2003, I successfully gained a place at Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, where I studied for three years graduating with a diploma in Performing Arts. I developed an enthusiastic interest in the way that each individual learns various approaches to the disciplines within art and drama.
 After graduating I secured employment in various performing contracts, including Dance Captain for Openwide International where I worked abroad for six months leading the cast and performing several live shows. On my return I worked within a touring theatre company for Theatre in Education and continued to build upon my experience. I also became an independent singer performing at prestigious social events, where I achieved a highly acclaimed reputation which I continue to enjoy.
Opportunities arose for me to become involved in education, these included Dance Co-ordinator for the Hamble School Sports Partnership, teaching in various established dance schools and I also initiated many educational programmes. This enabled me to share my passion for the performing arts, realising my true vocation as a teacher. 
At present I work within a Partnership involving co-ordinating dance across thirty two schools, this has given me the freedom to develop, very successfully, dance programmes and projects across primary and secondary education.
I have recently concluded a course working with targeted key stage three girls, some of whom were disaffected, providing an opportunity to become involved in a fitness class using dance initiatives. My current project involves a hundred children taking part in Rock Challenge a worldwide competition. Whilst choreographing this project I have learnt many skills enabling me to engage children’s attention, motivate awareness using creative and imaginative teaching methods. I have also developed patience and sensitivity towards children who have a wide range of needs.
Whilst enjoying working within a team I have entered into a business venture initiating my own dance companies ‘Funky Munkeys’ and ‘Dance Busters’ which are now well established across Hampshire. I am continually striving for ways to improve my teaching techniques and business opportunities.
My passion for dance and performing has been my single main driving factor. I have been able to experience new innovations and raise not only personal skills, but attainment, aspiration and self esteem, and it is these attributes which commit me to my goal. I want to follow a programme of strength where I can make a significant contribution to young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment